[Novalug] cpu running hot

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Wed Mar 25 18:50:21 EDT 2015

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015, greg pryzby via Novalug wrote:

have you checked the heat sink fins to see if they are clogged with dust
an debris? Have you considered buying a new heat sink. perhaps a
copper one with longer fins?

When you have a heat sink installed it sits on top of the cpu and then the
fan sits on top of the heat sink and, as I recall, blows DOWN into the
heat sink. Which way is your cpu fan facing? towards the cpu or away. For
that matter is the fan operating at a high enough speed.

Some computers are set up so that the fan speed is controlled by the need
of the system in relation to the heat therein. Perhaps something is wrong
with this mechanism, either software or wiring.

> sensors reports 90+ and eventually 99 on all cores.

I presume that is Centigrade, not F?