[Novalug] Linux/Open Source in the movie industry

Peter Larsen peter@peterlarsen.org
Tue Mar 24 22:24:46 EDT 2015

Luggers and good folks all around.
At FredLug we're having a guest speaker from far away on the other side
of the world come and talk to us how movies are being made with Linux,
Open Source and all kinds of stuff that our LUGs talk about all the time.

Klaatu will speak not as a representative of his work place which
produces big blockbuster movie special effects, but as a community
member and open source evangelist - cover the types of tools being used
to create these amazing movie effects.

Please consider joining us - it's on a unusual day and time: April 7
(Tuesday) at 7.15pm to 8.45pm - at the Rappahanoc Regional Library in
Fredericksburg. If you know someone who are interested in either the art
of making movies or how Open Source creates new avenues for progress, or
both - please share this event with them, and please have them (and you)
sign up on the meetup page. We've reserved a room large enough to cover
quite a crowd but we still need to have an idea about how many are
planning to come.

http://www.meetup.com/fredlug/events/220466914/

--
Regards