[Novalug] Video from Saturday Meeting

Peter Larsen peter@peterlarsen.org
Sun Mar 15 14:18:52 EDT 2015

Hey all,
I've played around with Google's Video Editor on you tube for
yesterday's meeting. I suck at colors and graphical design - if anyone
can come up with a splash graphics we can use to set the title and date
for every video, please post it or just send it to me. PNG is the best
format and try to make it letter/landscape sized. I know - mine sucks :)

Once google/Youtube is done processing the video should be viewable
here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XrFV2GeraU

SO you may notice that Glenn's great demo is missing from the video.
Sorry about that - but my laptop screamed "MISSING HDD sdb" at me
without me noticing it when I turned it on - it had come loose inside of
the laptop. I had to do an emergency shutdown to preserve the "beast".
Thanks to NovaLabs for having the all important Philips Screwdriver
available so I could get things fixed :)

Also - for future meetings I'll sorta insist we get the presenter online
and presenting their slides via Hangouts as well as on the slides. The
light conditions are such that the focus doesn't work well. I tried my
best to do the focus manually, moving the camera etc. but the bright
bright screen with very bright letters too just didn't help so it's
pretty blurry.  A way to make it easier for the camera is to use BLACK
backgrounds instead of white. Or present directly on hangout. If anyone
know how a hangout on air can get a second presenter on, PLEASE let me
know. A few months ago that just went down hill fast as anyone joining
once the broadcast begins are "just" spectators. It's on my "how to do"
list but if anyone here knows how, please share :)

Again - thanks to NovaLabs for hosting us. I really like how things are
coming together in the building - there's even nice carpet now :) And
just walking around before and after our meetings to see what all the
"makers" are doing is pretty interesting. I always leave quite
inspired.  Now, here's an idea: What about finding a way to do a joint
NovaLab/NovaLug meeting where makers and luggers meet and share/learn
from one another? We do the software, they do the hardware and generate
some cool synergy?

--
Regards
  Peter Larsen