[Novalug] DSL Modem

James Ewing Cottrell, III jecottrell3@comcast.net
Mon Mar 9 11:29:08 EDT 2015

If all you are doing is Internet, each ISP has a list of Compatable Modems. But if you are doing VoIP, the list goes Way Down. I had a guy at MicroCenter look things up, and there were only a few alternatives to Comcast's EMTA. They have a Faster Modem now, that also does WiFi and has Four Ports, not sure how replaceable it is.

JIM

----- Original Message -----
From: "greg pryzby via Novalug" <novalug@firemountain.net>
To: "Dan Arico" <dan_arico@aricosystems.com>
Cc: novalug@firemountain.net
Sent: Saturday, March 7, 2015 6:38:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Novalug] DSL Modem

You can usually check the provider and they have a list of approved
modems. Sometimes it is 'must meet standard XXX' other times it is
Model YYY. The local BestBuy/ElectronicStore might know off hand what
modems will work.

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Dan Arico via Novalug
<novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:
> I've been waiting since last Saturday for a DSL modem to come from
> CenturyLink to replace the one that died. UPS tracking shows it's been
> sitting in a depot in Philadelphia since Thursday.
>
> Can I just go out and buy my own modem? What do I need?
>
> Dan Arico
>
> --
> One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them,
> One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
> In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.

greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

TWTR: gpryzby
WEB:  http://www.MakeRoomForArt.com/
BLOG: http://lonetrikerphotography.tumblr.com/ (photos)