[Novalug] Pi2

jerry w jerrywone@gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 03:01:17 EST 2015

Got 2x Pi2, the quad-core 1Gig  ram version with armv7 and proceeded to
forget how to install berryboot   (unrelated).  It wants to be the only
thing unzipped on it, on the top level or one thinks their nice new board
is burned, and microsd  now.  4 USB ports, similar form factor.  Broadcom
chip on top, memory now on bottom of soaboard .   Still no reset button,
but USB hub power switch does the trick,

Berryboot  dl  from fedora repo took a while, throttled.  Yum update was
time to sleep.  Filesystem package problem, other updates worked.  Kdegames
. ...

Fedora 21 Mate not finding xshisen, xmahjongg, xemacs21, xbill, so more
names to learn.  XEmacs works. Think it's been a few releases....

Snappy performance for ~$40/board
Will see if I get audio out of this one, last ones mysteriously stopped
working, maybe neighbors didn't like my oldies classic rock through
paperwalls.

Missed PiJam and some other things but live to FrozenBubble another day.

Twinbrook  metro to Rockville microcenter.  Nutty out of stock, 2 hors each
way.   Hobby store nearby,  similar to fairoaks, but not been yet, only
hobby hangar (someone has a Polaris slingshot near there, aka 3 wheel
batmobile.)

Better than staying home with cabin fever.

Wasn't March 1 a spring,  like civil, nautical etc.  Next weekend daylight
savings time ends.  Stop the icemaker  already, yo.