[Novalug] Garmin software?

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Tue Jun 30 15:32:02 EDT 2015

Beartooth,

I would be very surprised if you can find what you are looking for implemented
under Linux. This is one of the few reasons I keep a Window$ box going. I was
able to run Win in a VM on Linux and access my Garmin (as well as an
unsupported scanner).

There is one alternative: WAZE, if you have a cell phone and a good data plan:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waze

I learned about this from a cab driver on the way back from IAD. That is if
you don't worry about Google uber alles (read the privacy policy for WAZE!).

Side note for those who might be interested: I found maps for Costa Rica that
can be downloaded and installed on a Garmin GPS. Garmin doesn't cover S. and
Central America very well: "NavSat EzFind." Same maps found in a rental car
Garmin GPS- excellent. The message is, if you look long enough, you find
alternatives. AND, the EzFind maps could be downloaded directly into the
Garmin with Nautilus, the default browser for Ubuntu.

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB@bronord.com