[Novalug] ls* style commands ?

Peter Larsen peter@peterlarsen.org
Mon Jun 29 16:58:29 EDT 2015

Actually, let's add section 8 too:
$ apropos -s1,8 -w ls\* | egrep ^ls
ls (1)               - list directory contents
lsassd_selinux (8)   - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the lsassd
processes
lsattr (1)           - list file attributes on a Linux second extended
file system
lsb_release (1)      - manual page for FSG lsb_release v2.0
lsblk (8)            - list block devices
lscp (1)             - list NILFS2 checkpoints
lscpu (1)            - display information about the CPU architecture
lsdiff (1)           - show which files are modified by a patch
lshw (1)             - list hardware
lsinitrd (1)         - tool to show the contents of an initramfs image
lslocks (8)          - list local system locks
lslogins (1)         - display information about known users in the system
lsmd_plugin_selinux (8) - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the
lsmd_plugin processes
lsmd_selinux (8)     - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the lsmd processes
lsmod (8)            - Show the status of modules in the Linux Kernel
lsof (8)             - list open files
lspci (8)            - list all PCI devices
lspcmcia (8)         - display extended PCMCIA debugging information
lsscsi (8)           - list SCSI devices (or hosts) and their attributes
lssu (1)             - list usage state of NILFS2 segments
lsusb (8)            - list USB devices

On 06/29/2015 04:54 PM, Peter Larsen wrote:
> $ apropos -s1 -w ls\* | egrep ^ls
> ls (1)               - list directory contents
> lsattr (1)           - list file attributes on a Linux second extended
> file system
> lsb_release (1)      - manual page for FSG lsb_release v2.0
> lscp (1)             - list NILFS2 checkpoints
> lscpu (1)            - display information about the CPU architecture
> lsdiff (1)           - show which files are modified by a patch
> lshw (1)             - list hardware
> lsinitrd (1)         - tool to show the contents of an initramfs image
> lslogins (1)         - display information about known users in the system
> lssu (1)             - list usage state of NILFS2 segments
>

> On 06/29/2015 03:57 PM, Walt Smith via Novalug wrote:
>> several times, there has been mention of ls commands
>> to be used for various things, like lspci, or lsof lsblk
>>
>> Anyone have a useful list of these ?
>> ( with brief descriptions, hopefully categorized )?
>>
>> Just asking ...
>>
>> ( or maybe we should just make a list ? )

>> ----
>> The government is lawless, not the press (people).
>> ( [Supreme Court] Justice Douglas re: The Pentagon Papers )

Regards
  Peter Larsen