[Novalug] SSD prices

Derek LaHousse dlahouss@mtu.edu
Sun Jun 28 08:17:16 EDT 2015

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 10:56 PM, Bryan J Smith via Novalug
<novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:

> - sdb2 [EF00] EFI System Partition (ESP), mounts in /boot/efi, which
> Microsoft requires to be at least 100GiB, or 260GiB if FAT32 is used

Whoa, I knew Windows was bloated, but I didn't know Windows 10 took it
to this extreme!

> - sdb4 and sdb5 -- self explanatory, 2 partitions for 2 /boot file systems

Why a separate boot partition?  You're using UEFI, so you can put
kernel and initramfs on EFI to UEFI-stub boot, or you can put Grub in
EFI and have it get the kernel and initramfs from inside the LVM'd
root partitions.