[Novalug] systemd

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Sat Jun 13 16:51:58 EDT 2015

I run both Fedora and Ubuntu on my notebook. Using blame it's clear
Fedora's experience over 7 releases factors in heavy in its faster boot of
the same or similar services. Although even Ubuntu with systems is a hair
faster than Upstart.

But in any case, boot-time is not why I prefer systems. It's the
troubleshooting and control aspects that just make administration so much
easier that makes me never want to use a non-systemd platform ever again.

-- bjs

P.S. I've never seen blame cause issues. I'll have to look at what the
Debian or Canonical folk are doing differently.

DISCLAIMER: Sent from phone, please excuse any typos
--
Bryan J Smith - Technology Mercenary
b.j.smith@ieee.org - http://linkedin.com/in/bjsmith