[Novalug] CPAN methodology et.al. [was: use of "make" in "industry"]

Roy Wilson roywilson1963@gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 12:13:42 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Peter Larsen via Novalug <
novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:

> Ehhh - no? It's how you DO manage hundreds and thousands of systems and
> development efforts. Of course it makes demand of the infrastructure you

I read the original as a complaint against "unfettered internet access",
which is where linux and the ability to build your own kernels shines - it
puts YOU in control, rather than allowing MS or Apple decide what is best
for you.

  I just ran into this with of all things, a Kindle.  Wireless access is
(according to the menu) turned off.  Yesterday I got nine emails from
Amazon saying "Now that you've read....  we suggest these titles ...."  I
*did* read those nine books in the last couple of days.  I didn't get them
from amazon, I converted them to mobi format from other formats out of my
personal library, all locally stored.

  Bad enough that "Wireless Off" on a Kindle means "Off for YOU, we can
still access it", can you imagine if your servers started doing the same?