[Novalug] [OT] The farce of the cost of college

Roy Wilson roywilson1963@gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 14:10:04 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Bonnie Dalzell via Novalug <
novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:

> Just today I was reading up on thge regulation of internal pH levels  in
> the blood and I encountered articles claiming you could cure cancer and
> the flu by ingesting several teaspoons full of baking powder a day as
> cancer cells cannot stand alkaline environments. I can expand on the
> erroneus aspects of this advice if anyone wants me to.

Somewhere along the way in the last thirty or so years, we allowed the
Scientific Method to be discredited / ignored.  Now it's "idea - computer
model - consensus establishing 'fact'".  And we've allowed the reversal of
roles when it comes to proving out a theory - it is on the *proponent* to
*prove* their theory, NOT on anyone challenging it.

 As a real aside-aside, how many people here know that pH stands for
Percentage of Hydronium Ions?