[Novalug] [OT] The farce of the cost of college

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Mon Jun 8 12:30:40 EDT 2015

well there are some trades that require intelligence, motor skills, three
dimensional imaging ability, an understanding of regulations  and basic
math that CANNOT be outsourced to China. Carpentry, electrician, plumbing, to name a few.

We own a big (1890's) old house in a rural location and over the years I
have accumulated contacts with a collection of interesting, intelligent
and skilled people who represent these and similar trades. The plumber is
the best paid.

My husband jokes that we need to adopt the plumber. Having a house on a
well is a continual challenge.

I think there is a problem in our culture where we do not appreciate and
properly honor the skills and intelligence of people in these trades and
young people therefor are not attracted to them.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:PO box 9767 Baldwin, MD, USA 21013  |  EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net
shipping address:5100 Hydes Rd 21082 (Hydes Post Office closed Jan 2012)
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com