[Novalug] [OT] The farce of the cost of college

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Sun Jun 7 22:03:34 EDT 2015

I'm 100% with Mark here.

Just because the US workplace has adopted the folly of requiring a degree
from an institution of higher learning (often in various skills wholly
unused I'll in the workplace), and forgotten a lot if skilled trades much
to its detriment doesn't mean the education system is fundamentally wrong.

It means the value placed on various educations are incorrect or at least
mis-evaluated.

I've worked with a lot of Engineering Technologists that best traditional
EEs like myself. Learned a lot from trade and vocab learners and otherwise
see the advantages of so many disciplines, and argued with HR departments
over this continually.

And for "well rounded" type studies "in life?". Give me a veteran! Their
views pretty much trump anything I've known, and they can be well trusted.

-- bjs

DISCLAIMER: Sent from phone, please excuse any typos
--
Bryan J Smith - Technology Mercenary
b.j.smith@ieee.org - http://linkedin.com/in/bjsmith