[Novalug] MTU settings

James Ewing Cottrell III JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Wed Jul 29 10:31:07 EDT 2015

Um, no, I didn't know what you meant...and I have never heard the word
VLAN used with the word Dynamic in the same sentence.

Most of us Sysadmins aren't Privy to much below Layer 3; it's Lucky we
even know what VLANs are.

Your first Face Palm was a Technical Issue, but the Second one isn't.

There are certain things I would put in the category of "The Greatest
Things Since Sliced Bread" category, yet they seem to be Sparsely
Adopted. My list includes:

+ The Berkeley g+s permission bit
+ Async option on NFS Mounts
+ Jumbo Frames
+ Red Hat's GID=UID scheme, enabling umask 2
+ NTP Broadcast Mode

JIM