[Novalug] I might have my Linux Intel Compute Stick by then

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Sun Jul 26 18:04:46 EDT 2015

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015, Phil Shapiro via Novalug wrote:

> I might have my Linux Intel Compute Stick delivered to me by then -- and
> I'm happy to bring it by to show folks -- more for a show-and-tell
> session than a presentation.

had not heard of it until you mentioned it.

went to website:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/compute-stick/intel-compute-stick.html

noticed that there are windoze and ubuntu versions and that the windows
version has 2GB memory, 32GB onboard storage while the ubuntu
version has 1GB memory and 8GB onboard storage. Wonder why the Ubuntu
version is not available with the larger/memory + storage.

Also could you put ubuntu on the windows version (but I bet the
widows one is more expensive because you have to pay for
windows).

interesting device.

> I'll be using it in ways that people don't think is possible -- for
> screencasting and other media production. Naturally, I'll be looking to
> uncover neat tips and tricks that few others might have thought of or
> imagined.
>

> Heh, what I really want to do is explain "How to use your Linux Intel
> Compute Stick with your Apple //c Computer." I think I might know a way.
> There are probably not going to be a large number of YouTube videos on
> this topic.
>

> phil

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:PO box 9767 Baldwin, MD, USA 21013  |  EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net
shipping address:5100 Hydes Rd 21082 (Hydes Post Office closed Jan 2012)
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com