[Novalug] establishing root and opening ftp

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Sat Jul 25 03:37:05 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 09:01:59PM -0400, Gary Knott via Novalug wrote:
>  Dear Don,   Thanks for the tip,  Brian suggested sudu su -  too, but
> without explaining it.
>
> This is exactly the help I was seeking.
> It solves the failure of [sudo cd /root]

> Note, it's not that I have great need to do cd /root, it's the
> principle of it to not be locked-out of anyplace on "my" machine.

If it is simply access you want, change the permissions on /root.

If you want to ensure you have access to every directory on your
personal machine try

  sudo find / -type d -exec chmod 777 {} +

That would give you access, but would break some programs that
expect certain sensitive directories to have restricted access.

jl
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd		(703) 787-0688 (H)