[Novalug] Needing root/admin password to install an application: Is this a significant network vulnerability?

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Sun Jul 12 17:56:17 EDT 2015

SNIP

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 5:51 PM Bryan J Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 5:44 PM, greg pryzby <greg@pryzby.org> wrote:
>

> Understand.  But I don't like the oversimplification ... just my viewpoint.

Yes it IS an oversimplification, but sometimes (in email as few people read
the ENTIRE post) that is a starting point. And that is what I am trying to
do, give a reference people might be familiar with. From there, a
conversation about the real differences can be had. But remember the
question is asking what was true on mainframes, can it be applied to my
desktop/laptop.

I will almost always oversimplify to get a reference where a discussion can
happen. If I jump into new territory and into the weeds, losing the
listener is bound to happen.

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

SOCIAL MEDIA: gpryzby
PHOTOS: http://lonetrikerphotography.tumblr.com/