[Novalug] Probably off topic but the brainpower is here... - Upgrading Auto Stereo/GPS/Bluetooth

Miles D. Oliver miles.d.oliver@gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 16:01:19 EDT 2015

I've used FM options and they have been HORRIBLE because a lot of things
can change in 60 miles.. I never found an open range that could handle my
drive in a single
freq.  RIght now podcasts go over the AUX port and if a call comes in to
answer the phone with the bluetooth its pull the plug on the aux port and
then hand answer the call.
The bluetooth, a Jabbra freeway, the speaker and mic are not of the best
quality and often I get told I sound like Im down in a hole. Wife is after
me to find a better solution.

The current 'dance' to make calls.use phone GPS, and stream with the AUX
port and switching to answer calls is distracting and I want a better, more
integrated solution.

We sat in her Volvo today and I made her call the house from inside the
garage using ONLY the single button on the steering wheel and voice
dialing.  Took a little bit for her to
understand to WAIT until prompted to speak, if she got ahead of the request
it made her repeat and the phone call took longer.  The new keyless start
and keeping her phone in
her purse is way better for her.

My Honda has steering controls for the existing radio and there are
adapters that will connect with a head unit so I'm looking at the Pioneer
AVH-4100NEX as its supposed to be
Android Auto compatible it has a 7" display and should suit my needs.  I'm
not happy with the $550 price tag but I'm probably going to go this route.