[Novalug] kid friendly computers

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Sat Jan 31 12:18:35 EST 2015

My flippant remark was meant to start a discussion. I have give my
kids since they could use a computer free access to the internet. They
will find stuff they probably shouldn't and come across some things
that may not meet your approval.

However a healthy relationship with your kids will hopefully allow
them to talk about and discuss what they find.

Libraries and public spaces have computers that can be used and most
kids have friends with unlimited access. To think that kids can't or
won't read things you don't approve of is as silly as thinking you can
be anonymous on the internet ;)

I know I am at one extreme at of the spectrum and contradictory when
you realize we didn't have TV but unfettered internet access.

But we also tend to eat dinner as a family and have current events
discussions and philosophical debates. It is always a trip when a
friend of one of the kids is at dinner-- they are really sure what is
going on.

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

TWTR: gpryzby
WEB:  http://www.MakeRoomForArt.com/
BLOG: http://lonetrikerphotography.tumblr.com/ (photos)