[Novalug] "GHOST" *nix vulnerability

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 17:40:12 EST 2015

It's behind 2 firewalls, like the rest of my boxen, and I only use it
currently to pull old code off it onto other boxen.  The compilers on it
are the only things that I've tried to keep as current as possible.

OTOH, I've been researching what it would take to stick a handful of NICs
into it and use it to replace the secondary, "desktop" router that feeds
the boxen on my workbench/desk.  What I have in mind is something like a
CUPS daemon, that would control and monitor subnet traffic.  I'm not aiming
for an OS install that only does network stuff, just a daemon approach.
Yaya, silly.  But it's a fun hobby and every project like this that I try,
I learn a lot from it.

Ed James