[Novalug] LMDE (was Linux on a chromebook - secure?)

Roger Broseus RogerB@Bronord.com
Thu Jan 22 19:54:18 EST 2015

Charlie,

I switched to Ubuntu servers years ago because it "just works. " Good deals, no messing with drivers, video and sound "just work" without flogging one's self to death. Not to mention trusting that security updates can be counted on. When I switched, I had tried Debian, SuSE, Mandrake (aka, Mandriva). Gosh, that was nearly a decade ago.

Have distros such as Mint progressed to "just works?"
--
Roger Broseus
www.bronord.com