[Novalug] VLC handles streaming media from TV tuner cards

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 21:20:51 EST 2015

Yeah, that's the easy part.  Been doing that already. But, and here's the
thing I was talking about earlier - once you have it running, trying to
*change* the channel, as VLC is already streaming a channel, is the problem.

Starting VLC on a particular frequency/channel (getting that listing is
easy enough) is one thing. *Changing* channels, while VLC running is a
different thing.  I find a lot of folks asking how to do that.  Not finding
any answers.  But I'll figure out how to "command" the tuner to change
frequencies (via CLI most likely) eventually.

Ed James