[Novalug] What's My Router's FQDN

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 05:23:55 EST 2015

...and it wasn't that long ago that I have the same issue with Verizon's
suggested/owned DNS server.  I verified that it was alive, but not working
properly, and tried to report it to the script kiddie on duty in India.  He
got hung up on me using Linux. He wanted to run down the list of useless
tests first. Finally had to learn to phrase the questions properly, such as
"can you verify that this is a Verizon DNS server", "can you have your
supervisor verify that it's not working right"?, and the ever-popular, "can
you ask your supervisor to put in a trouble ticket on it?".  Sheesh.
That's when I switched to 4.4.4.4 and 8.8.8.8, and never had the same
problem again.

EJ

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 8:54 PM, James Ewing Cottrell III via Novalug <