[Novalug] repost -- how to restart pppd ?

Aaron M. Ucko amu@alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 28 22:55:06 EST 2015

James Ewing Cottrell III via Novalug <novalug@firemountain.net> writes:

> Clearly, editors and other raw-mode applications cannot be second
> guessed, but most of the time we are essentially in line mode anyway.

The tool you're looking for is Mosh (https://mosh.mit.edu/), which
compensates for potential lag (or worse) by tentatively printing what it
predicts the remote side will echo and correcting it as needed.  By "or
worse", I mean that it deals with disconnections and even client IP
address changes, with the help of a UDP-based backend.  (The website has
more details.)

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu