[Novalug] repost -- how to restart pppd ?

James Ewing Cottrell III JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Thu Feb 26 23:33:25 EST 2015

William, that's a great point. I might be tempted to argue that ssh is
implemented "wrong" that echoing should be done Locally and Lines should
be sent whole over the link, or at least have a character that switches
in and out of that more when appropriate, such as when screen editors
are run.

One of the skills I developed when I started out on the crappy
time-sharing available to students back in college (72-76@umd) was the
ability to forge ahead regardless of the feedback (after all, most
typists don't really look at the screen) or hit the Line Erase character
at the first doubt about the correctness of the line.

Even today, I sometimes type a future command while the current one is
executing, hitting CTRL-A to bring the cursor back to the left of the
line as feedback before typing ENTER.

JIM