[Novalug] Scanning

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Fri Feb 6 19:29:17 EST 2015

On Fri, 6 Feb 2015, Dan Arico via Novalug wrote:

> I've got a scanning problem in search of a solution.
>
> It consists of 20,000 pages of handwritten journals in bound volumes.
> Farming it out for scanning could be a sticky problem because it
> contains sensitive information that can't be made public.
>
> What kind of scanner would I need and what software can be used to
> convert it to text files?
>
> (And, yes, there could be some money available to anyone with a
> solution.)

 	Try asking somebody in the preservation directorate
(whose official name I forget) at the Library of Congress for
advice. You can probably call LC's general number, ask for
preservation, and get an email address; or check out www.loc.gov.
Then send them the same email.

--
Beartooth Implacable, Curmudgeon On Line
They say it's a great life, if you don't weaken.