[Novalug] image sorter "table"

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Mon Aug 17 14:45:20 EDT 2015

You mean like Adobe LightRoom? [1]  ;)

You're probably interested in Darktable. [2]

BTW, I've also used (and paid for) commercial (but available on Linux)
LightZone [3], but it went semi-defunct for a bit.  It's re-emerged
under OpenSource license.  I've used Darktable a bit too.

The key is getting the all important lens info.**

-- bjs
   "Pentaxian" shooting both DNG** and PEF

**P.S.  All Pentax bodies since the K10D (circa 2007) do Adobe DNG
natively.  Ricoh-Pentax (formerly Hoya) also hasn't made it difficult
to get most lens details.

Hence why many RAW tools, including OpenSource ones (e.g., DCRaw),
support a lot details for Pentax and Tokina optics -- the same optics
from the same Japanese and Vietnamese fabs, per their former, Hoya
parent holdings (case, gaskets and coatings differ -- usually in favor
of Pentax's coating and weather sealing).  It also helps that Pentax
has always shipped (with all digital-era bodies) a complementary, full
(compared to other vendors options) editing suite, although it's
Windows-only.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop_Lightroom
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darktable
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LightZone