[Novalug] Kernel Panic

Peter Larsen peter@peterlarsen.org
Wed Aug 12 13:29:30 EDT 2015

On 08/12/2015 09:15 AM, Scott Gates via Novalug wrote:
> This looks like the last update to the kernel may have failed.
> If it is, how do I back it out?
> If not, what is it and how do I fix it?

When your system begins to load Grub (usually there's a count down) hit
a key and pick the previous kernel from the boot menu. That'll use the
old kernel and boot back. Once logged in, you can either uninstall the
bad kernel, or see if there is an update with a working kernel available.

Regards
  Peter Larsen