[Novalug] Xubuntu on Samsung Q430

Igor Birman igor_birman@yahoo.com
Sun Aug 9 16:58:48 EDT 2015

I have a Samsung Q430 with an SSD drive and Xubuntu Linux that I use as my web/couch surfing computer.  I have a few odd issues:
- When I wake up from sleep, on the first or second time it works fine.  On the third time, I either get a blank screen, or I get the login screen but then it goes blank after that.  I switch over to the console and run a script that kills X, when it comes back usually everything is fine, except I have to restart whatever windows I had open.  Fortunately Chrome remembers the tabs I had open.- After doing the kill X thing a few times, sometimes my WiFi won't come back, then my only option is to reboot.- After waking up from sleep, I can click, but I can't type anything into Chrome.  I open a terminal window and type something, and then magically I can type again in Chrome.
It has a GeForce 310M video chip.  I tried switching to the older version of the driver, 304.125, but it didn't change anything.
Any suggestions?