[Novalug] dynamic symbolic links

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Thu Apr 30 14:27:21 EDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 1:42 PM, James Ewing Cottrell, III via Novalug
<novalug@firemountain.net> > > Well, I just read the systemd manual.
It directed me to 12 submanuals. So I tried systemd.service. It listed
over 30 different Attribute= labels. The most basic one, Type= lists
"simple, forking, oneshot, dbus, notify or idle". That seems like a
lot, but maybe half of them are special cases. And several of the
other options look somewhat Reasonable, altho I wonder when I might
ever use them. I suppose the system will list examples...good place to
look.

LP's running (since 2011) blog series, "systemd for administrators,"
now at 21 entries [1], is how I learned 90% of what I know.

Of course, it won't teach people about the 98% of things that aren't
systemd, but people blame on systemd.  ;)

> Learn or Die is NOT an Acceptable Answer.

It's not an answer.  It's reality.

> Jeeze, I hate argueing for Stupidity and Ignorance, but the Change is Coming Too Fast.

That's no different than anything in GNU/Linux history.

> They're Driving the Faithful Away.

Fine by me.  The *BSDs are a great option for them..

-- bjs

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/#thesystemdforadministratorsblogseries

--
Bryan J Smith - http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith