[Novalug] guilt-by-knowledge ( ip and ifconfig )

John Franklin franklin@elfie.org
Thu Apr 30 04:46:50 EDT 2015

On Apr 30, 2015, at 12:07 AM, Walt Smith via Novalug <novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:

> GUILTY.
> First time I saw IP (from reading this maillist maybe a  year or
> 2 ago ), I looked at the man page, and geeeze was it "saturated".
> with too many options and also words I didn't know.
>
> So I still use ifconfig.
>
> good or bad ?   Since I'm not very active with it,
> I can't say... It's muscle memory though.

You're like me, ifconfig is a finger macro.  I don't think my brain even sends individual commands to my left index finger, right middle and right ring finger anymore.

jf
--
John Franklin
franklin@elfie.org