[Novalug] dynamic symbolic links

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Wed Apr 29 13:22:21 EDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 04:15:45PM -0400, Peter Larsen wrote:

> But I cannot help noticing that Debian is exactly where Fedora was 4-5
> years ago when Systemd was added as an option to Fedora and the year
> later became mandatory.

Not exactly.  Fedora adopted Systemd when it was much less mature and
when it was uncertain if it would become widely adopted.

In the intervening 4 years, Systemd has improved and has proven to be
a valuable piece of software.  As it improved, resolved problems, and
demonstrated its value, more distros adopted Systemd, Debian included.

Sounds like an open software success story.

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd		(703) 787-0688 (H)