[Novalug] Speaking of links

Fox foxxz.net+novalug@gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 20:49:45 EDT 2015

Use sshfs

On your local machine...
Install the sshfs package
Create a mount point in your home/user directory (ie /home/fox/sshfs)
Mount the remote machine to it (ie sshfs 192.168.1.2: /home/fox/sshfs)
Create a symlink from your local machine to the remote (ie ln -s
/home/fox/sshfs/.thunderbird .thunderbird)

Should be good to go then. You will have to mount the sshfs mount prior to
running thunderbird if the mount gets disconnected.