[Novalug] nagios and sleeping hosts

Mark Smith mark@winksmith.com
Mon Sep 8 17:37:46 EDT 2014

i like getting alerts about my hosts on my home lan regarding disk
drives, processes, users, etc., but i don't want to get alerted when
they're sleeping.  i want them to be sent to sleep to avoid using power
for nothing.  i haven't been able to figure it out though.  i get
emails about a host being "down" which drowns out the real mesages.
i can probably setup sort of filter to kill emails i don't want, but
that seems ridiculous when all i want is to have nagios alert me
when the system is up and has a problem.  if the system is down, i
don't want to hear about it.

can anyone help me configure nagios to alert me about real system
problems?

--
Hei konā mai
Mark Smith