[Novalug] Akamai Warns of IptabLes and IptabLex Infection on Linux, DDoS attacks

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Thu Sep 4 11:16:08 EDT 2014

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014, Victor Elmir via Novalug wrote:

> This is a good time to remind everyone that just because you
> don't run Windows doesn't mean you're safe from malicious
> software.
>
> Viruses, worms, trojans, and other malware capable of attacking
> 'Nix systems do, in fact, exist.  Skipping anti-virus software
> (such as ClamAV for Linux) is a risk there is no reason to
> take.

 	If that's so (and I have indeed noticed mention of it in
a growing number of posts, here and elsewhere), is there a good
introduction to it somewhere? (I can find plenty of
introductions, hoopla, and tutorials about almost anything; but
one that assumes little knowledge without also assuming little
intelligence is a whole nuther search.)

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.