[Novalug] yahoo doesn't zero inbox count

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 14:15:13 EDT 2014

I don't think it's JUST me.

I read yahoo emails in separate tabs, the index
list in tab 1, using FF.

I use  yahoo "classic".
For awhile now, they have had  the first "email" be
a banner advert. refreshed on each page load.
( but there's no real read/unread or checkbbox,
it's just a banner ..)

But now, they started not zeroing the inbox count.
i.e. if I have one unread email, the Inbox count is (1).
but then rea it, the count is still (1) ...

to repeat,
i.e. when you click in new tab an unread email,
and WAIT FOR IT to finish downloading,
if you then go back to the index list, and reload,
it will still show 1 unread email, apparently trying to
force you to read the advert.   I have a lot of adblocks
selected. A new reload of the main index page
then zeros' the count.

looks like I might need to use gmail more frequently, except
I object to their more automated reading of everything I do,
specially via google analytics..   I may open a juno account..
anyone have a suggestion other then than hotmail or outlook ?
I have a freeshell account but stay away because I'd have to
probably do a lot more manual work with the spam filters...

if nothing else, I'm just documenting the change in operation
for yahoo should anyone else wonder.

thx,

----
The government is lawless, not the people.