[Novalug] How to Stream from Net to TV?

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Sat Oct 18 16:45:59 EDT 2014

I wish to stream TV shows to my television so I can watch streaming shows
from, e.g., WNET and WGBH. I'm confused about how to approach this.

My TV is next to a live ethernet port and a WiFi, soon to be dual-band/N,
modem is close by. The TV does not have a USB port on it but does have HDMI. I
might be able to get USB power from the Set Top Box.

I've looked at Chromecast as well as "mini-PCs" such as MK808B and CX-919.
Even Roku-s. What just works? Because of Google's info gathering/profiling are
a big minus for Chrome-based approaches.

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB@bronord.com