[Novalug] Possible Meeting Presentation?

Roger Broseus RogerB@Bronord.com
Sat Oct 4 09:32:33 EDT 2014

Here's a possible presentation for a NOVALUG meeting: Installation of SSDs, Partitioning, and OS Installation - Dual Boot Laptop.

Is this of interest to fellow LUGers?

Background: Wanting something that would sizzle, I bought a laptop without drives, with I-7 processor. Similar to a System-76 Galego ultra-book. Installed two SSDs,  including an mSATA drive. This was followed by partitioning and install of Win-7 and Xubuntu. A stumbling block encounters: kernel doesn't support ethernet and WiFi hardware.

The presentation would illustrate step-by-step how this is done, including pictures of the guts of the beast. (Partitioning alone scares many.)

I expect that there are many members of the group who could do this with their eyes closed - in their sleep. Hence, the question: should I develope a presentation?
--
Roger Broseus
www.bronord.com