[Novalug] Describing my computer Question

Don E. Groves, Jr. dgrovesjr@gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 21:44:07 EST 2014

Try:
    uname -a

If you see 'i686' in the string then you are covered.

Or report back with that string and the output of:
   cat /proc/cpuinfo

And someone can inform you of the results.

--
  Don Jr

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 4:37 PM, Charlie Howe via Novalug <
novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:

> List,
>
> Maybe, just maybe, the long and dreary saga of my broken software will be
> over. I will get a SSD containing Ubuntu 12-04 LTS from OS-DISK.com, Inc,
> POBox 371481, Denver, CO 80237-5481.
>
> When I visit the company's web site I see specifications: AMD A^\6/4T x
> 1.0 ghz, 28 nm,2MB 2L@ 8W TDV etc, too much to write.
>
> Can/will some one, or more than one, tell me how to have the precise
> specifications for my computer displayed by issuing commands from the
> command line.
>
> Charlie

Don E. Groves, Jr.

Tag it's your turn now... ... ....