[Novalug] persistent error w/o useful responses (that I can find)

pereira ninorpereira@gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 08:30:08 EST 2014

To find out which window manager I use I try
  ps aux | grep wm; this gives, among other things
  2:06 xfwm4 --display :0.0 --sm-client-id 25f3...
So it's xfwm4, which I think must be xfce.

FYI the problem has been taken sidestepped with a command suggested by
Jon LaBadie: replace a call in a terminal window to gedit by
gedit='gedit 2> /dev/null'
He explained to me all kinds of interesting things about how all this
works too.

As per his suggestion and that of the .bashrc file itself,
I put that command in the file '.bash_aliases', like this:

# throw away very annoying error messages for gedit
  alias gedit='gedit 2> /dev/null'

Problem shoved under the rug, which is good enough for me right now.

Nino