[Novalug] Linux Mint Debian 201403 LMDE Mate

Don E. Groves, Jr. dgrovesjr@gmail.com
Sun May 18 03:37:53 EDT 2014

Charlie,
   My future users are mostly "menu users" type.
   The first machine will be used by my wife (and myself).

Things I discovered about Linux Mint (Debian) Mate lately that I like are:

   ) The menu system is easy to use and shouldn't get in the way of a power
user.

   ) I can create "Launchers" for the few Items that most of the others
will use on the Desktop.

  )  Plus the nice thing I discovered just lately and it's part of the base
install is "Backup Tool", it seems to be done right.

Although I currently have [LXU]buntu virtual machine installs,  I've just
lost faith in where Ubuntu is heading.

That's why "Linux Mint Debian" (as I like Debian even have it installed on
a server) became a possible choice.

Side Note: the hardware I plan to install "whatever" on won't run Windows 7.
Also I won't recommend M$ Windows to anyone.
If the come to me with problems and ask nicely I will do my best to help
them.

Don E. Groves, Jr.

Tag it's your turn now... ... ....