[Novalug] Ubuntu LTS Versions

Derek LaHousse dlahouss@mtu.edu
Fri May 16 07:46:26 EDT 2014

While I was stating an opinion (like most opinions: stinky), it was my
actual opinion.  All Ubuntu does is pulls packages out of Unstable
anyway, and they support much less than Debian does.  They also are
more free with supporting things that are more questionably legal,
such as various media codecs.  Debian Free Software Guidelines are
good, Canonical does it's own classification.

I've also had better experience with the installer for Debian than
that of Ubuntu.  I would think they'd be similar.  Though, that's just
a memory of a snapshot in time which might be totally unfair.

Ubuntu did give Debian the idea of an LTS, though.  Squeeze is now an
LTS with support until Feb '16 (for amd64/i386 only)