[Novalug] Editing the BIOS

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Tue May 13 08:07:58 EDT 2014

Everyone is correct.

I have asked Charlie repeatedly WHY chowe as login is an issue. There has
been no answer or explanation. His mail and printing have nothing to do w/
his local login. His mail is configured properly to use cmhowe@patriot.net.
Printing is another beast and I *hate* network printing under Linux.
Because there are printers available on shared computers I told him to save
to USB key or mail it to himself and login on shared computer and print.

BIOS has nothing to do with it and reinstalling will only break email since
there is nobody to set it up.

I wish you the best Charlie and when the posts stop, I will know that you
have reinstalled and don'y have mail working anymore.

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 5:56 AM, Jay Hart <jhart@kevla.org> wrote:

> Another 10 days has gone by and Charlie still can't print.  He is still
> fighting the wrong battle
> and at this point I have all the confidence in the world that Charlie will
> continue fighting his
> PC and not get his message out.  His printing issue has nothing to do with
> BIOS settings, neither
> does his "username issue", but since he won't listen to the collective
> wisdom of the list I'm
> going to ask this one last question again:
>
> Charlie, do you want to get your message out or fight your PC?  You're
> doing a great job of
> neither, at this point!
>
> Jay
>
> > Charlie,
> >
> >    You appear obsessed with *A VERY BAD IDEA*.
> > You have no valid reason to edit your BIOS.
> > You run a high risk of messing up your machine
> > so that it won't work.  I know you don't like
> > to follow our advice, but what the heck...
> > "Don't mess with the BIOS" - *is* darn good
> > advice.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ed James
> >

> > On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM, <cmhowe@patriot.net>
> > ​​
> > wrote:
> >
> >> ​...​
> >>
> >> I AM NOT ignoring all the offers to help. But I want to go down the
> >> editing the BIOS path. I want it to be in my tool kit.

greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

TWTR: gpryzby
WEB:  http://www.MakeRoomForArt.com/
BLOG: http://lonetrikerphotography.tumblr.com/ (photos)