[Novalug] Editing the BIOS

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Sun May 11 11:11:33 EDT 2014

Actually you can edit your BIOS from linux (I worked on the project)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bioswriter/

That said there is a key you press during boot that gets you to the BIOS.
The key depends on the motherboard. It is usually F1, F2, or DEL but it
could be something else. The timing is tricky depending on the motherboard.
You need to do it after memory is recognized and before GRUB starts.

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Derek LaHousse <dlahouss@mtu.edu> wrote:

> One does not just edit their BIOS from Linux.
>
> On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Jay Hart <jhart@kevla.org> wrote:
> > Charlie,
> >
> > To prevent YOU from breaking your PC, the LIST needs to know the EXACT
> MODEL of your motherboard
> > OR, the exact model of your PC.  Without this CRITICAL piece of data, it
> is impossible to tell
> > you.
> >
> > So, go research this and don't post again until you have it.
> >
> > Jay
> >
> >> List,
> >>
> >> I admit it. I'm being stubborn. But: In the past I have deited my BIOS
> >> successfully, and I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to do so
> again.
> >> So:
> >> How do I do it? I've tried control-alt-F1 and F2, without and with the
> use
> >> of sudo. No luck. What is it?
> >>
> >> Charlie

greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

TWTR: gpryzby
WEB:  http://www.MakeRoomForArt.com/
BLOG: http://lonetrikerphotography.tumblr.com/ (photos)