[Novalug] SSDs - Informed Opinions

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Thu May 8 16:24:31 EDT 2014

I'm looking to install my OS, VMs, and related software on an SSD when I do a
re-install to upgrade Xubuntu to the next LTS release, coming soon - mid-May.

I've read many reviews on Newegg for Samsung, Kingston, and Intel. Seems all
of them have a significant number of problems - small, percentage-wise, but,
nevertheless, negatory. The Kingston SSDs seem to take the biggest hit. Some
of the drives don't even work with certain motherboards! I don't anticipate
this problem w/ my Intel MB.

Based on personal experience / professional knowledge of the products, I'm
looking for informed opinions on what's reliable. I'm leaning towards a
Samsung 840 Evo 250 GB.

Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB@bronord.com
     Web Site: www.bronord.com