[Novalug] OT: SCIF Room construction

Clif Flynt CLIF@CFLYNT.COM
Sun Mar 30 20:28:35 EDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 08:12:44PM -0400, Alex Smith (K4RNT) wrote:
> Can you make Windows a Secret or TS compliant secured system?
> I genuinely don't know much about this area, I don't even carry a security
> clearance, I'm just brainstorming here.

  I won't say whether you can make a 'Doze box secure, but you can
make it pass the security inspection.  There is a set of cookie-cutter
recipes for 'Doze that's actually easy to follow even if you aren't
a Windows user.

  In fact, the getting the 'Doze systems compliant was easier than
getting the *ux boxes compliant.  The 'Doze instructions were all
click-this, select that, type this string, while the *ux were "figure
out how your system config files set up XYZ and modify them so that
ABC occurs instead."

  Caveat: I did this several years ago.  There may be more "Security
for Dummies" type how-to's out there now.

--
... Clif Flynt ... http://www.cwflynt.com ... clif@cflynt.com ...
.. Tcl/Tk: A Developer's Guide (3'd edition) - Morgan Kauffman ..