[Novalug] OT: SKIF room

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Sun Mar 30 15:04:08 EDT 2014

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014, Roy Wilson wrote:

>  Anyone here ever build one?  My boss is interested in putting one in one
> of our buildings for secure conferences.
>
>  Short of wrapping the room in grounded foil and whatever I can google,
> I've got no idea how to go about it.

when i was in graduate school one of the neuroscientist types needed a
room that was completely shielded from random electromagnetic sources
because the level of signals he was recording from cockroach neurons was
so tiny. he had a laboratory where they built a very large woodframed
framework and then put copper screen wire overlapping at all edges on all
of the frame. This was relatively inexpensive. Perhaps false walls lined
with copper or steel screens would work.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:PO box 9767 Baldwin, MD, USA 21013  |  EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net
shipping address:5100 Hydes Rd 21082 (Hydes Post Office closed Jan 2012)
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com