[Novalug] Open Source Event at George Mason University: Looking for volunteers and participants

Samer Masterson nosefrog@gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 23:04:27 EDT 2014

Hey all,

OpenHatch, a company that works to show people how to contribute to
Free/Open Source projects, is working with student groups on campus to host
an event for introducing people to the Open Source community. The event is
on Saturday, April 19th from 9 am to 5 pm.

We're looking for volunteers in the area who are interested in sitting on
the career panel; helping the participants install and use things like
compilers, git, and IRC; or mentoring participants and helping them
contribute to free/open source projects. You don't need to be a contributor
or a maintainer of an open source project in order to be a mentor, we'll
match you up with a maintainer remotely. If you want to mentor, you only
need to be there for part of the day.

If you're interested in volunteering, mail me off list.

If you want to participate and start contributing to an open source
project, this event is the perfect introduction! The event is open to all
members of the community, you don't need to be a student or a programmer.
The website is here: http://hackmason.org/openhatch, and you can sign up
using this Google form: http://goo.gl/yovMnj

Best,
Samer