[Novalug] funnie

John Franklin franklin@elfie.org
Mon Mar 24 00:28:35 EDT 2014

Oh dear.  Yeah, I'm kinda her right now, except trying distros and counting watts.

Since the Touch Screen Linux presentation, i've been playing with more Distors.  I've found Mageia is has two good things going for it: a Gnome 3 implementation that's as up to date as Fedora, and the AMD proprietary driver to get decent battery life and support for the more recent chipsets.  Downside is it doesn't seen to like UEFI very much.  (Testing is currently on the red Gateway I also had at the meeting.)

The other problem is I've never used Mandrake (Mageia's parent fork) and I'm not used to the packaging system.  My Xorg is busted right now with a gummed up config or mismatched kernel driver, one or the other.

jf