[Novalug] Dell P-IV HDD adds without rails

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 15:22:36 EDT 2014

Update:

*laff* - found some spare rails, stuck to the inside of the case of one of
my Dells.  Problem solved by virtue of it never really existing in the
first place.

FWIW - looks like the suggested eBay route would have been the cost
effective way, assuming the rails were the right type.  I found 3 different
types of rails in the case.

Also, I'm of the opinion that a P3 maxxed at 3/4 GB RAM trumps a P4 maxxed
at 1/2 GB RAM, especially since that particular P4 doesn't have a DVD drive
in it.  Thus, unless I find something special in my fourth P4, I'll be back
down to three P4's, with some additional spare parts.  Oddly enough, my
goal was to ditch one (or more) of my P3's.